Office Administrator (Full Time Permanent)
A fantastic career opportunity has arisen for a skilled and experienced Office administrator to join our large Garden Centre Group. As an integral part of the team you will help to drive the business forward with a newly implemented EPOS system. Providing support to the EPOS manager and the IT manager as we enter this exciting new phase within the business. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills as you work on variety of projects.
Main Responsibilities and accountabilities will include
You will report directly to the Epos Manager and IT Manager assisting in day-to-day duties of managing a busy Epos system including the Hardware set up/maintenance across 10 Garden Centres. Based at Hornsea Garden Centre but this may change depending on where the business requires you to work.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
Data input/integrity checks.
Support for the data in-putters at all the stores assisting with their problems and queries both on software and hardware.
You will be involved in staff training.
You will also be involved with new site installs (traveling required between sites.)
Experience of working in a stock management EPOS role ideally within a large retail environment with several stores.
The ability to work independently on tasks assigned to a high standard.
You will be analytical, a problem solver and have great investigative skills.
You will have a right first-time approach and a can-do attitude.
You will be computer literate with a good knowledge of Excel.
General IT knowledge would be advantageous.
Experience of working with stock control databases would be advantageous. In return we offer some great staff benefits and a competitive salary that is negotiable dependant on previous experience.
If you would like to be part of this forward thinking family run business
please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applicants is Friday 29th September
Aquatics Department Manager (Full Time)
Hornsea Garden Centre is one of the largest centres in the British Garden Centres family. Located in beautiful surroundings near Hornsea it has recently seen the addition of a new restaurant and a huge development making it a destination garden centre. Hornsea now boasts a new aquatics department as part of the development.
The new aquatics department here at Hornsea Garden Centre is the one stop shop for the fish keeper. With a great range of Marine, Tropical and Cold Water fish. We offer our customers a great selection of accessories along with expert advice to help them get the most out of their aquarium or pond.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Aquatics Department Manager to continue the development of this department. Previous experience as a retail manager within the aquatics industry is preferred, however, applicants with a proven management background with a knowledge of fish keeping will be considered.
The successful candidate will be:
• Accountable for the operational excellence and financial performance of your department.
• Ensuring the highest standards of display, compliance and livestock inventory control are maintained and that sales revenue targets are achieved and exceeded.
• An inspirational leader for your new team ensuring that they receive clear direction and performance management within a culture of coaching and mentoring.
• Highly commercial and results driven with a proven track record in a Management position.
• Positive and strong communicator and a skilled motivational people manager. Adept at succession planning and performance management.
• Accountable for providing great customer service and have a keen eye for detail around the consumers experience in your department.
• A solution orientated thinker with excellent problem solving skills.
• Maintain standards of cleanliness and biological health of livestock holding systems.
• Responding to customer needs with expert advice and providing excellent customer service
If you are looking for new challenges with in a forward thinking family run business and would enjoy the rewards this role would bring then we would like to hear from you.
Please email your CV and include any relevant fishkeeping experience, together with a cover letter explaining why you could be an ideal candidate for the position.
To firstname.lastname@example.org • Closing date: Friday 4th August