Welcome to our recruitment pages
Jobs and Careers at British Garden Centres. Welcome to our recruitment page, here you will find jobs and careers at British Garden Centres. We are always looking for new talent to join our team so if you think you would like to work for this forward thinking family owned business then why not apply for one of the job roles below. You can apply for jobs by sending in your CV to the addresses provided in the job descriptions and / or by filling in the application form .
Please note that we only show centres where jobs are available.
Assistant to the Group Restaurant Manager
British Garden Centres is looking for an Assistant to the Group Restaurant Manager to join their established team.
The newly appointed Assistant to the Restaurant Manager should have a proven track record in a similar role. This is a very varied role and no two days will be the same in this fast paced environment. You will be working with people from different disciplines within the operations team. You will be asked to hit the ground running and assist in the continuing growth of development work across the group of garden centre restaurants.
Your duties will include but not limited to:
• Partner the Restaurant Manager in the development of restaurant operations within British Garden Centres
• General assistance in their day to day duties.
• Management of the Restaurant Managers diary
• Dealing directly with the Restaurant Manager and making sure their plans are executed within the business.
• Receiving and dealing with correspondence.
• Arrange and keep minutes in meetings.
• Assisting the Restaurant Manager in contacting suppliers to obtain quotations.
• Communication of information to the company directors and garden centre management and staff.
• Skills Required
• Critical and analytical thinking abilities
• Strong mathematical skills and good at number crunching.
• Ability to collect interpret data quickly and correctly and retain for future reference
• Strong negotiation skills required.
• Organised & able to prioritize work in a fast paced proactive and often reactive business.
• Great communication skills, confident in liaising with internal and external parties and contractors.
• Self-motivated with potential to keep on growing.
• Travelling will be required.
• You must be proactive and able to work in a team & independently.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
Salary is negotiable and is dependent upon experience.
What we offer...
We offer a competitive salary and benefits include a pension, 28 days holiday and staff discounts across all of our brands including the Woodthorpe Leisure Park. If you would like to join our family run business and bring your ideas and talents to our fast growing company and forward thinking team we want to hear from you.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to the email address below or if you have any further questions please contact
Ricky at: [email protected]
Closing Date for applicants is Friday 27th September, 2019.