Cook (Full Time Permanent)
This is a full time permanent position in a busy Garden Centre Restaurant.
We are looking for a person with a passion and flair for creating good quality, honest home cooked food. This is a very hands on role as such you will need to be proactive, highly motivated, organised and results driven with good communication skills. You will be working as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
Previous experience of short order cooking would be advantageous, along with an understanding of how a busy kitchen functions.
• Understanding of stock rotation and ordering
• Maintaining high standards of cleanliness
• Adhering to company policies in line with current Food Hygiene requirements
• Awareness of profitability and portion control & wastage control
• Basic understanding of menu planning
Required: Basic Food Hygiene Certificate, Minimum NVQ Level 3 in Food Preparation, City & Guild 706 1&2
You will be required to work weekends and bank holidays, however there will be no split shifts or evenings work.
As a large company we can offer a competitive salary that is negotiable dependant on previous experience.
For more information or to apply please contact:
Lisa Malloch, Restaurant Manager
Closing date: Friday 4th August